- Academician (Full Member), the Romanian Academy (since 2013).
- Director of the Institute for Economic Forecasting, Romanian Academy (since 1998).
- Coordinator of doctoral programmes (Doctoral School of Economics), Romanian Academy (since 2002) and post-doctoral programmes (Post-Doctoral School of Economics), POSDRU -EU Projects, Romanian Academy (since 2010).
- Member of National Fiscal Council
- Participation (as partner or coordinator of national research teams) in more than 30 international research projects financed by programmes from EU (ACE-PHARE, Research Grants, PHARE, FP7, IDEI), World Bank, UNDP, USAID, GDN, etc., and in more than 40 national projects (including Romanian Academy’s annual research programmes).
- Founder and Chief Editor of the Romanian Journal of Economic Forecasting (ISI Journal) and member of the editorial board at more than 20 international economic journals.