Lajos VAJDA is
- Vice President of Cluster Association in Romania – CLUSTERO;
- President of Green Energy Innovative Biomass Cluster;
- President of the „Transylvania” Cluster Consortium in the Center Region;
- President of the Association of Incubators and Business Centers of Romania –
- Director of the Business Incubator in Sfantu Gheorghe.
He has implemented several projects funded by the European Union and still wants to militate and promote the importance of business incubators and clusters.
He strongly believes that cluster organizations in different areas can be solutions for the development of the economy in Romania and can be used as tools by which we can expand our relationships at regional, national and international level.
He is an initiator of the clustering process in Romania and of the idea of creating clusters based on regional potential.
In recent years, he has set up several clusters such as:
- The ProWood cluster (forestry and wood industry), the year of 2010
- Green Energy Cluster (green biomass field), the year of setting up 2011
- The Agrofood Cluster (Agriculture and Food Industry), the Year of Establishment 2011
- Regional Cluster „Transylvania” Textile & Fashion (textile and fashion industry), the year of creation 2012
- Ecotourism Cluster (Crafts, Traditional Products and Tourism), Year of Establishment 2012
- Transylvania Regional Balneo-tourism Cluster, 2014
Other initiatives: building cluster networks in the region and inter-sectorial partnerships, active Cluster Participation in the Danube Strategy Program; especially in biomass, tourism and agro-food.
Promotor and contributor of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG Goals).